Friday, August 15, 2014

Celebrating Independence Day


Wearing the tri color,singing patriotic songs,flag flying high on buildings ,the day has been and always will be a special one for all the Indians.Our PM Mr.Modi’s speech was substantive,well to stress on unity and national goals,covering issues about women and poverty.

Today we celebrated this day in our society.I dressed up Ashita and Anika for the celebration(pictures attached).Both participated in the cultural activities.Ashita proudly said the Indian Pledge and Anika dressed up as Chacha Nehru.Whatever we put the effort in,as a mother I feel proud and glad.

Recalling my school days I remember celebrating Independence day.It was like the most-hyped-festival for us( the so called festival).Ours was a girls school and we waited for this Day as we were supposed to join in the celebration with our neighbouring school which was a boys school.I know all my school friends reading this will actually be able to relate this and recollect the fun and masti we did.It was the most important day to attend school.(all those smiles,giggles and wink wink for my friends :) :) ;);) ).

Today, I think independent India will really come into being when it is free of corruption, its people feel safe and secure and the day poverty is eradicated, India will truly be independent.I feel very proud to be an Indian and the freedom that we enjoy in our democracy. Wishing my friends and readers a


great Independence Day and hope that we work towards making a greater and stronger India.

Happy Independence Day to all

CHEERS!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment